Monday, October 19, 2009

Hold on to your Hats & Save the Date!

Prayers have been answered
As of today
The Magic Number is 421!
Okay Everybody,
We have so many good things to report, you might want to have a seat and hang onto your hats...your coffee, whatever!

God has blessed us with some major donations this last couple of weeks, as a result we will be placing an order for almost 10 rolls of fleece....



that's 600 yards or enough fabric for 200 blankets!!

Are you all kick'n up your heals yet???
Mary and I are!

It will take some time for the fabric order to arrive and with our church celebrating Love Loud this week, we have canceled this weeks Thursday flock party. Instead, we have planned a Flock Party of Ginormous proportions!


so please...
Save the Date
On Saturday November 21st, Fleece for the Flock will be hosting a marathon blanket making party. As part of the festivities we will also host a Holiday Soup Bowl (think festive soup kitchen) with an opportunity for those in the community to share in a delicious bowl of soup, a drink and fresh baked goods all for a $1 donation or a canned good, All proceeds from the Soup Bowl will go to local Church on the Street ministries and area food pantry's.

With your help tying knots and spreading the word, we expect a bountiful harvest. Please save the date and begin telling your friends. With a good turn out we can touch many lives this holiday season: Those in Northwest Atlanta and our neighbors over the West Virginia mountains.

More details will follow shortly, but for now, please RSVP and let us know if you're planning to join us. We will need all the willing hands and open hearts we can round up, we sure hope to see you there!

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
"Then the righteous will answer him,
'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Matthew 25:35-40


Thanking God for each one of you,
By His grace and for His glory,
Tammy and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment